It’s a reality that accidents can happen at any time, and prompt, knowledgeable action can make the difference between keeping or losing a tooth. Spring Mountain Dental offers these dental emergency tips. As always, when confronted with a dental emergency, quickly call your dentist or visit an emergency room as soon as possible.
You can call Spring Mountain Dental at (702) 368-3854 if such an emergency arises.
- If a tooth becomes cracked or borken, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Pick up all the pieces of the tooth you can find. Afterwards, put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area with water and apply a cold compress.
- If a permanent or adult tooth gets knocked out, keep it moist. Try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root if possible. If you cannot, you can place the tooth between your cheek and gums, in milk, or in a tooth preservation product that has the American Dental Association (ADA) seal of acceptance. Quickly get to your dentist’s office right away.
- Use warm water to rinse your mouth if you have a toothache. Use dental floss to gently remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the sore tooth or gum tissue.
- Use floss to remove objects stuck in the mouth. Do not use sharp or pointed items to remove them.